Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ho Ho Ho Hot Cocoa holder



After seeing Joy Stagg's tutorial on how to make a pocket card last week, I decided I had to try it. I made a pocket card/ hot cocoa pack holder and a matching card.

This image is a free coloring page from Elizabeth O. Dulemba. I love using her images for digital stamping. Digital stamps are so easy to resize. I reduced this stamp from a full page to the size you see here using Microsoft Word. Easy peasy.... (If you are not familiar with how to resize digi stamps in Word, send me an email at shestampsblog@yahoo.com and I will tell you how.)

Now if you notice that the embossing is only on the bottom of the card, that is a mistake. I was using my CuttleBug with some nesties (the way I have a zillion times before) and the handle was a little hard to push. I pushed on it a little and suddenly there was a big "bang" (I nearly jumped out of my skin) and the side of the CB fell off. I was stunned. I put it all back together, but it does not work properly now. There is only a little bit of pressure on one side. (I am kicking myself quite severely here.) Of course I am outside the warranty period. While I was feeling mad and miserable at the same time, I looked at the ever handy internet and found lots of people have had the same problem. While I still am not happy, I can rest my leg by not kicking myself quite so hard. My husbands says I should wait until Christmas to see if Santa brings me a new one, but I don't think I can wait that long. Hmmmm.... Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon this week.
.
Here is some other info from Linday's Stamp Stuff:
* On Thursday, November 26th, Lindsay's Stamp Stuff store at MyGraficO is having a 20% off sale on all her digital stamp sets. She has some really cute Christmas sets and even some freebies.
* Lindsay from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff is having a drawing for the digi stamp set of your choice from her store on MyGraphicO. Check out the details on my previous post HERE.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving (USA) and I hope you get everything you need/want if you go shopping on Black Friday. I will be home surfing the 'net for deals and avoiding the crowds (and hopefully working on a project to post on Monday.)

Supplies:
Pressed Petals Christmas Theme #1211 designer paper
Pomegranate Splash card stock by Bazzil Basics
Olive card stock (not sure of manufacturer)
Stampin' Up Markers
Marvy Twinklette gold marker
Spellbinders Label One
Misc. cord
small pompom
Ranger Distressed Ink tea dye
Buttons
DMC floss (thru buttons only)
Hot cocoa packet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Cheryl, I'd never know that was a mistake! May I suggest getting a big shot rather than a cuttlebug, it is way more rugged, I've had mine for 4 years and I torute the poor machine and it has never let me down;)

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Thanks so much for leading me to Elizabeth's coloring pages! Wow, what a treasure trove!

Kim Dellow said...

Tee Hee that is a fab image - lovely card and ot chocolate pack holder. :) Kim

Karin said...

Very cute! Sorry to hear about your "Bug" problems, I would be freaking out too! I love that thing...but you did a great job on the card and you would never know.